12/15/08

Iris-Amy Everett

I sit here in the rain
the glass of broken hearts
Not even beginning to settle
What happens when dreams escape your hands
Like a butterfly that lost her wings
Fallen
Ashes on her snow
Crying in the dead of night
Pale faced and separated
Phantom
What was the cause?
I remember
What I refuse to forget
Your name etched in a soldiers heart
Never will there be another
I will pass away alone
Conquering the world in your name
A friendly escape
A gaping wound
Never healing
Never ending
Even though you walk
Your soul is mine
Mine yours
I still feel you in the night
As the darkness consumes me
I feel pain
I feel black
ringed eyes
tomorrow
tonight
Not my disguise
Bearing the screams for you... 12-15-08

2 comments:

  1. Your poetry is always haunting.
    I'm glad you shared this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Larry said. This wraps around me as I read it.

    ReplyDelete