12/14/08

Breathe-Amy Everett

I sit here all alone
You say laughter
But do you remember I see you?
You branded my soul with permanent ink
I lie here thinking of you
Didn't want to say good bye
Didn't want you to think I lied
But I won't,,
I want to be only the angel in your sky's
I want to be the one you trust as I guide you through this life
You say I am the one
Darlin, that's a lie
The past fills you with to much doubt to see
Me….
You say my eyes are blinded but sweetheart yours are blinded to me
I can't live under your blankets
I can't be your enemy
I can't sleep with them in your mind
It kills me
It angers me
So much on the line
For you not to believe in me
And you scream
That it isn't so
But darling you are my best friend
And I know…
Maybe you aren't ready for me
Maybe your demons choke
So you can barely breath
I see you on the ground barely breathing
You were meant for more than this
You hide behind your words
Your pen a clever disguise
Masking what's really going on inside
I can't save you
Just wanted to love you
Can't hide from me
Remember I see through the disguise
Phantom of the Opera tonight
So my love
Stand
Believe you are worth more than the grain of salt
They made you believe in
I sit here alone yes...
Loving you yes…
But I wasn't the one who choked you..
You died by your very own hands
Written By-Amy Everett 12-14-08

1 comment: