2/4/09

My Affairs....-Amy Everett

I am your missed opportunity
I am in control
I left you in the cold
The place where you leave me
At midnight
Alone
I think it’s funny
You call
What is it you want?
What is it you are looking for?
You say you understand
But I see you looking away
Love is not measured by Coffee
Sex is not measured by words
Empty
So I close….
The door to regret
And fantasy
How maybe you wanted under my skin
But maybe you just wanted in my bed
Circumstance tells the story
Or is it your just……
Trembling fingers of left over promises
Will not get you under my shirt
So I sit here
Silent
Pretending
I care for the respect you lost
The second I hit the floor
Made me your whore
She calls…
Wants to know where you are…
Hung up, said you had another call
I am another call
Another day
Another down
To late
2-04-05

No comments:

Post a Comment