2/15/09

Lovin You Is A Dirty Job -Amy Everett

Clocks turn their heads
As I try to tear their hands
They scream
Just one more minute
I ask...
With disapproving looks and guise
They say , girl throw those wretched handcuffs away
I like it rough, I say
And Mr. Count down says, not when they leave bruises on the X
That marks the spot
To who you are.....
I bend my head
Contemplation sets in
Don't you understand
Maybe , I can
Maybe he can
Save me
With devil smile
Burning stare
Swallows me alive
I know.....
Passion
It just isn't enough
Fires run cold with out wood...
So Mr. Destiny
Tell me your story
Did you hear the one about how I chase all the wrong kinds of boys?
He laughs
He says
Come back darling, when your sane

3 comments:

  1. "So Mr. Destiny
    Tell me your story
    Did you hear the one about how I chase all the wrong kinds of boys?"

    What great lines those are. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beyond fantastic. Fires run cold without wood. And yeah, the ones Ricky said - really really good!

    ReplyDelete