2/10/09

Drifter-Amy Everett

Skinned knees
Grown
Into understated circumstance
As I lay here in your puddle
The sky is the ground I walk on
As I play lost and found
With memories of a distant home
Where I belong
In a thought
Misplaced and some what forgotten
I race the clouds
You say I am daring
I lived on the edge of everything I found
empty
Alone
The door creaks, to the basement floor
Where I have belonged for so long
In a zip lock bag
In a prison
That’s where these words come from
They are what gets between the cell walls
Of shattered hope
False pride
No arms here for me tonight
So I wish on your falling star
Knowing nothing is right
So I sit upon the moon
Writing this story of days long since gone
Hoping in tomorrow
Maybe even tonight
For that letter
To come
Where I open it up
And I know
That everything will be alright

No comments:

Post a Comment