2/21/09

A fish needs a man like a woman needs a bicycle (or something)

guinfoab2

(I need a man…!)

There is this old feminist saying, “A woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle.”

Now, even Freud admitted that he didn’t know what women wanted, so I’m definitely not trying to go there, even in an enquiring capacity, however well meant.

Problem is, however miniscule my knowledge of women is, I know even less about the inner workings of fishes. Sure, I know how to fry most of them, or steam them, or eat them sushi style but that’s not quite the same as truly understanding the piscine principle.

(Unless you buy the argument and/or best-selling book by a cannibal on an Oprah Winfrey Show who says that he is really that into women.)

Anyway, about those women and their bicycles - no, sorry, about those bicycling fish, I mean…:

“The Guinness promotion went along the lines of “A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle” in big white characters on a black background. Several images followed which didn’t exactly support the argument; then came the conclusion “not everything in black and white makes sense”, which was followed by the fish cycling across the screen. In black and white, naturally.”

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm, I've never sat on a comfortable bicycle seat.

    ReplyDelete