1/23/09

Tragedy? Amy Everett -New


Secrets fade into tea and hurried conversations
I am the one hiding a secret
All for you
Eyes haunt me for hours
Not just because this is new
But because you turn and twist an unbending road
The one I walk on ,
alone
Maybe To you
I am a good friend
Who knows
All that I know is that
I know
That I am…
Falling….
In…..
So I hunt for satisfaction ,
of Starbucks and drives
How you read between the lines….
Of me and you
I know to you this may be hollow
Maybe a game of Lion and his prey
I give it up to you today
And yesterday
New places
Isn’t what brings me this smile
Maybe it’s wrong
I just can’t help myself
You got me on this Merry go Round
I’ll give you what you need
Even if it’s just a place to rest your head tonight
But I just wanted to tell you why….
Why I will let you lay your head here tonight….
Because I am…
Falling…In…..
Between coffee and silence
In me is where you live…..
1-21-09

2 comments:

  1. Can't
    quite
    get
    that
    third
    word
    out;
    I
    know
    the
    feeling
    well.

    Great work, A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you....You never know if they really want to hear it, or if your ready tosay it.

    ReplyDelete