1/24/09

Happy Hour-amy everett

Suicide of repentance
Save me from this sin
I stand here on my own
Not even left with a shadow
Skinned knees and 25 cents
Calling collect to an empty voice of treason
I hear the dial tone
Just to remember the dreams I believed in
I disintegrate into time
A blast from the barrel of your gun
Maybe not worth the bullet
Or this ink I write in
But that's OK....
Fault rest , on lines that you drew I confess
Earth quakes.....
So new smiles bind seconds and steal my thoughts from you
Where my thoughts don't belong spinning on your hands that held the knife
Digging into my back
Yeah you had the armor all along
Used mine and left me for dead
You lie there a martyr
But it was the lie , you were never the friend
Next time I''ll listen closer , when I tell my self to leave.
I take my seat at the bar
New adventure rings clear
Probably not good for my head
He becomes the shallow thoughts and the new whisper in my bed
Maybe it's empty

He says ,"you are my sweat heart," But I am not going to lie .
He says,"darlin pussy's don't belong in between your legs. "
I laugh
Silently hurting
For promises dead and gone
Left somewhere I thought was my home
So I leave the drunks alone in their thoughts
And drive my car
To see you for an hour
Just an hour
Maybe it's empty
But for an hour
Everything is all right.....
1-22-09

1 comment: