1/25/09

Flies-Amy Everett


Flies

Suit case packed and ready

Waiting in this plane every chair empty

But I can’t look around me

Destination unclear but forward

Disengage the safety mask

I wont need them tonight

Ill save them for you

Tell me darling , am I just a fuck because you are escaping

Home is not where you want to go

A Home I have none

So we find refuge in shallow conversations and worn lace

If I told you I loved you

You look away as your tear my clothes away

I tell my self its ok…..

clock shines in the dark

Counting down to when you have to return

back to the empty bed you sleep in

Is this car empty we drive in?

Suit case ready for the Red Eye

To some where close to just far enough away

From the lies

Where is your heart

Not in my suit case….

I can’t speak your language..

Just own inches of your skin

That leaves me empty

As I fly

Some where

Disengaged

Ready

And far away

1-23-09

1 comment: